Click on the title of each event for more details and registration links!
- This event has passed.
Hurting & Healing When One or Both Partners Has Past Abuse LGBTQIA2S Allies
November 18, 2017 @ 8:30 am - 12:30 pm$20 - $60
(This workshop is full. You may add your name to the waiting list through the reservation process.)
A relationship workshop designed for adults who identify as QUEER/LGBTQIAP2S and our Allies (in a relationship or not)
Communication ~ Connection ~ Appreciation ~ Understanding
- Explore the ways that childhood sexual abuse, trauma, neglect and abandonment can impact a person and their relationship
- Assess how the ramifications of unhealed childhood abuse impact each of you and your relationship (communication, sexuality, affection, trust, fear, safety, boundaries, addiction, anger, rejection, etc.)
- Identify impact on the survivor(s) and the other partner – if they do not have an abuse history
Explore how personal self-care and personal values help you each get through the hard times
- Gain ideas on how to balance your and a/your partner’s needs with the health of your relationship
- Learn how partners can support healing and inhibit healing
- Learn concrete strategies to improve respectful listening, arguing, apologizing, intimacy, and problem-solving
- Come away with concrete tips to support yourselves and each other
For: This workshop is intended as a safe, affirming, sex-positive, non-judgmental, and accepting space for all gender, sexual, and romantic forms of expression, consenting adult activities, and relationships. People who can join this intention are welcome to register and participate.
*LGBTQIP2SA: Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer & Questioning, Intersex, Pansexual, Two-Spirit, Asexual
Cost & Options to Register & Pay: Three Tiered Fee: $60/person, $40/person, $20/person. You may put 50% down to reserve your spot and pay the balance (via check or cash) on the day of the workshop. Reasonable payment plans are accepted and may be negotiated by contacting Irene. Receive a discount for attending one or more relationship workshop. (See below.) Contact Irene for more information.
1. Register and pay using this Eventbrite site: At this site, register to reserve your spot and pay your full fee or deposit now. Eventbrite processing fees will be added to your total due. You will immediately receive a written confirmation of your reservation. If there is more than one person in your party and you are paying together, register as “a group.”
2. To pay your registration fee and avoid Eventbrite’s processing fees or to discuss alternate payment arrangements, contact Irene directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cancellation Policy: Registration cancellations made in writing and by 5pm fourteen days prior to the workshop will be fully reimbursed and returned a maximum of two week’s post-workshop date. No refunds after that date.
Space is limited to 10. Every time this workshop has been offered it has sold out. I intentionally keep the size small, so please register early to reserve your spot.
Where: South Minneapolis
Format: This workshop blends lecture, humor, discussion and private personal/relationship time. Large group sharing is optional. There are no group exercises. Folders, worksheets, bibliography, handouts and pens are provided. Healthy snacks, coffee, tea and water will be available for stretch breaks. Facilitator: Irene Greene MSEd, 29+ years psychotherapist, relationship coach, activist and trainer. (See more info below.)
Irene is affirming and inclusive of the fluidity and variety of sexual and gender expressions and relationships. She also adheres to a fundamental consciousness for how the layers of cultural and systematic oppression and trauma influence personal and inter-personal health.
Irene Greene MSEd: 29+ years as a psychotherapist, relationship coach, activist and trainer. In her private practice in Minneapolis, Irene offers individual and group counseling, relationship counseling (any configurations), uncoupling counseling, professional consultation, education and training. The majority of Irene’s clients identify as queer, genderqueer, gender non-conforming, LGBTQ2SPIA, and or as poly and or kinky. Her specialty topics include: managing stress, anger, depression, shame and anxiety, increasing self-compassion, trauma healing, somatic mindfulness, communication, sexuality, gender and sexual identity, oppression fatigue, and self-care. Irene’s current community involvement includes being the chair of the MN LGBT Therapist’s Network, the professional organization in Minnesota for LGBTQ2SPIA mental health professionals, and a member of the North Star Health Collective, which offers free psychological first-aid training and support to street medics and community activists.
Are there ID requirements or an age limit to enter the event?
This workshop is for adults who identify as Queer, LGBTQIP2SA, and our Allies. Participants may or may not also identify as Kinky or Poly. *LGBTQIP2SA: Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, Intersex, Pansexual, Two-Spirit, Asexual. This workshop is intended as a safe, affirming, sex-positive, non-judgmental, and accepting space for all Lgbtqp2sia gender, sexual, and romantic forms of expression, consenting adult activities, and relationships. People who can join this intention are welcome to register and participate.
What are my transport, parking and accessibility options?
The event is near a major bus line, has ample street parking, limited lot parking and a bike rack. The building does have a ramp to the entrance. It does not have an elevator.
What should I bring to the event?
Wear comfortable clothing. Water, tea, coffee and healthy snacks will be provided for stretch breaks.
Is my registration transferrable?
Yes, after confirmation from Irene
Can I update my registration information?
Yes, by emailing Irene
Is there a sliding fee available?
Yes, there is a two tiered payment scale. See Options to Pay and Register above.
Contact Irene for questions. Irene@irenegreene.com or www.irenegreene.com
Keep the Revolution Healthy! Contact us for more dates or to inquire about a custom-designed workshop for your mental health, medical, social service, non-profit or social justice agency or organization. For Staff, Advocates, Counselors, Students, Psychologists, Social Workers, Community Organizers.
For more information: contact Irene at email@example.com