Click on the title of each event for more details and registration links!
- This event has passed.
Maintaining A Strong Relationship While Parenting: For All Family Configurations: LGBTQ+ & Allies
January 13 @ 8:30 am - 12:30 pm$20 - $80
Painting by Wayfair Viv Rae
1/13/18: Sat., from 830am to 1230pm. SOLD OUT – Join wait list through registration process
A relationship workshop designed for adults who identify as QUEER/LGBTQIAP2S and our Allies (in a relationship or not).
Open to adults within all types of interpersonal relationships and family compositions: co-parenting, blended families, parenting with an “ex” in the picture, being the non-biological parent, fostering, adopting, polyamory.
- Improve healthy communication and connection as a parent and a partner.
- Assess your currrent relationship connection, co-parenting successes, issues and concerns
- Different parenting styles
- Relationship/personal/life balance
- Balancing the needs of each partner, the relationship and the kids
- Learn strategies to work more effectively as a team
Communication ~ Connection ~ Appreciation ~ Understanding
- Explore the definitions and impacts of trauma and oppression fatigue on our personal health and our relationships
- Assess how your needs, background and personality influence your relationship dynamics
- Assess how the ways in which you each were “parented” or not influences your parenting style
- Explore the connections to personal self-care, personal values and relationship strength
- Identify your relationship’s strengths and areas for improvement
- Learn about attachment theory AND enmeshed, disengaged and engaged family systems
- Learn concrete strategies to improve respectful listening, arguing, apologizing, intimacy, and problem-solving
- Come away with concrete tips to develop your own “Self-Care and Relationship Care Plans for the Socially Conscious”
For: This workshop is intended as a safe, affirming, sex-positive, non-judgmental, and accepting space for all gender, sexual, and romantic forms of expression, consenting adult activities, and relationships.
People who can join this intention are welcome to register and participate. *LGBTQIP2SA: Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer & Questioning, Intersex, Pansexual, Two-Spirit, Asexual
Date: Saturday, January 13, 2018, 830am-1230pm
Cost & Options to Register & Pay: Three tier adjusted Fee: $60/person, $40, $20/person. You may put 50% down to reserve your spot and pay the balance (via check or cash) on the day of the workshop. Reasonable payment plans are accepted and may be negotiated by contacting Irene. (Register for one or both of the other relationship workshops and bundle them for a reduced price. Contact Irene for more information.)
1. Register and pay using this Eventbrite site: At this site, register to reserve your spot and pay your full fee or deposit now. Eventbrite processing fees will be added to your total due. You will immediately receive a written confirmation of your reservation. If there is more than one person in your party and you are paying together, register as “a group.”
2. To pay your registration fee and avoid Eventbrite’s processing fees or to discuss alternate payment arrangements, contact Irene directly at email@example.com.
Cancellation Policy: Registration cancellations made in writing and by 5pm twenty-one days prior to the workshop will be fully reimbursed and returned a maximum of two week’s post-workshop date. No refunds after that date.
Space is limited. I intentionally keep the size to about 10 people, so please register early to reserve your spot.
Where: South Minneapolis
Facilitator: Irene Greene MSEd, 29+ years psychotherapist, relationship coach, activist and trainer. (See more info below.)
Format: This workshop blends lecture, humor, discussion and private personal/relationship time. Large group sharing is optional. There are no group exercises. Folders, worksheets, bibliography, handouts and pens are provided. Healthy snacks, coffee, tea and water will be available for stretch breaks.
Irene is affirming and inclusive of the fluidity and variety of sexual and gender expressions and relationships. She also adheres to a fundamental consciousness for how the layers of cultural and systematic oppression and trauma influence personal and inter-personal health.
Irene Greene MSEd: 29+ years as a psychotherapist, relationship coach, activist and trainer. In her private practice in Minneapolis, Irene offers individual and group counseling, relationship counseling (any configurations), uncoupling counseling, professional consultation, education and training. The majority of Irene’s clients identify as queer, genderqueer, gender non-conforming, LGBTQ2SPIA, and or as poly and or kinky. Her specialty topics include: managing stress, anger, depression, shame and anxiety, increasing self-compassion, trauma healing, somatic mindfulness, communication, sexuality, gender and sexual identity, oppression fatigue, and self-care. Irene’s current community involvement includes being the chair of the MN LGBT Therapist’s Network, the professional organization in Minnesota for LGBTQ2SPIA mental health professionals, and a member of the North Star Health Collective, which offers free psychological first-aid training and support to street medics and community activists.
For more information: contact Irene at firstname.lastname@example.org