Are you feeling stuck in your life?
Do you feel out of control, anxious, afraid or depressed?
Do you want objective and nonjudgmental help to sort out some personal problems?
Do you want a therapeutic setting that is inclusive and affirming of differences regarding sexual and gender identity and fluidity, class, race or religion?
Successful therapy is a process of self-examination, self-discovery, self-reflection, and self-actualization. It is about taking yourself seriously, spending time getting to know who you are, what you like about yourself, and what you want to change. It entails prioritizing self-care, letting go, taking action, and allowing patience through the bumbling process of personal growth.
Therapy is most successful when there is collaboration between the client and the psychotherapist. Collaboration increases trust in the therapy process, in yourself as a client, and in me as your therapist. Effective therapy is a vital balance between the willingness of the client to venture self-examination and the steadfast assurance of the clinician to compassionately witness and foster this journeying.
Individual psychotherapy can help you to:
- Acquire fresh ways to think and feel about yourself – your past, your present, and your future
- Learn skills and strategies that maximize the strengths that you already have
- Feel empowered to make the necessary changes to help you be who you want to be
I help people address the following issues:
- Anxiety, fear, anger, shame and depression
- Trauma, PTSD and dissociation
- Self-care and stress
- Sexual health
- LGBTQIA / GSRM (gender, sexual, and romantic minorities)
- Life transitions
To learn about the individual and relationship, group and training services offered by Irene, schedule your complimentary 30 minute consultation.