Professional and Community Involvement
2014 – present
Chair of the MN LGBTQ+ Therapists Network Board of Directors, the professional organization in Minnesota for LGBTQIP2SA+ mental health professionals (also a co-founder, 1988)
- Conference Chair and Moderator of Beyond the Boxes II: Emerging Trends in LGBTQ Mental Health: Gender, Polyamory and Compassion & Oppression Fatigue Midwest LGBTQ+ mental health conference, Minneapolis
- Facilitator and Organizer of The Ripple Effects of Orlando, Philando Castile, et al: We LGBTQ+ Mental Health Professionals Need to Take Care of Ourselves, Too: A Discussion for LGBTQ+ Mental health Professionals, Minneapolis
- Initiated “Healing Justice for Black Lives Matter” (HJBLM) event within MN LGBTQ+ Therapists Network (HJBLM is a national grass-roots network of healers who support community organizers and activists who are people of color)
- Coordinator, South High School Annual Awards Ski Banquet, Minneapolis
- Coordinator, South High School Ultimate Frisbee Annual Awards Banquet, Minneapolis
- Coordinator and host of the 25th Anniversary Gala of the MN LGBTQ+ Therapists Network
- Co-organizer of the Twin Cities One Billion Rising (OBR) flash mob event held in downtown Minneapolis, in conjunction with One Billion Rising-International events around the world. OBR is an international organization working to end violence against women and children.
- Trainer – psychological first aid and self-care for street medics, activists and organizers of Occupy-MN
Conference Co-Chair, with the Director of the UM-Twin Cities GLBTA Programs Office, Office for Equity & Diversity of Beyond the Boxes: Emerging Trends in LGBTQ+ Mental Health, the first Midwest LGBTQ mental health conference, held at the UM-Twin Cities.
Co-organizer of Still Healing from the RNC, a psychological self-care training and support day for protesters, activists, arrestees and street medics who participated in civil disobedience at the Republican National Convention in St. Paul in 2008
Co-organizer and trainer for the North Star Health Collective’s psychological and physical health emergency care site for protesters, activists and street medics during the Republican National Convention in St. Paul
Served on the boards of: MN Women in Psychology, Rainbow Families (now Family Equity Council), Seward Child Care Collective, and was the state-wide chair of the MN Coalition of Sexual Assault Services