Professional and Community Involvement
2016 – present
- Chair of the MN LGBTQ+ Therapists Network Board of Directors, the professional organization in Minnesota for LGBTQIP2SA+ mental health professionals (also a co-founder, 1988)
- COVID-19 and Racial Uprising Impact Us, too: Caring for Ourselves and Our Clients: for Mental Health Care Professionals: Moderated discussion, Zoom
- Wellness During COVID-19 and Political Trauma Stress: Self-Care for Helping Professionals: Moderated discussion, Zoom.
- Conference Chair and Moderator of Beyond the Boxes III: A Mental Health Conference for, by and About LGBTQ+ Helping Professionals and Our Allies: When Our Clients’ Trauma and Oppression Do and Do Not Mirror Our Own: Current Issues Facing LGBTQ+ Muslims, and Gender Expansive BIPOC, Midwest Mental health conference, Minneapolis
- Conference Chair and Moderator of Beyond the Boxes II: Emerging Trends in LGBTQ Mental Health: Gender, Polyamory, and Compassion & Oppression Fatigue Midwest LGBTQ+ mental health conference, Minneapolis
- Facilitator and Organizer of The Ripple Effects of Orlando, Philando Castile, et al: We LGBTQ+ Mental Health Professionals Need to Take Care of Ourselves, Too: A Discussion for LGBTQ+ Mental health Professionals, Minneapolis
- Initiated “Healing Justice for Black Lives Matter” (HJBLM) event within MN LGBTQ+ Therapists Network (HJBLM is a national grass-roots network of healers who support community organizers and activists who are people of color)
- Coordinator, South High School Annual Awards Ski Banquet, Minneapolis
- Coordinator, South High School Ultimate Frisbee Annual Awards Banquet, Minneapolis
- Coordinator and host of the 25th Anniversary Gala of the MN LGBTQ+ Therapists Network
- Co-organizer of the Twin Cities One Billion Rising (OBR) flash mob event held in downtown Minneapolis, in conjunction with One Billion Rising-International events around the world. OBR is an international organization working to end violence against women and children.
- Trainer – psychological first aid and self-care for street medics, activists, and organizers of Occupy-MN
- Psychological First-Aid Medic Trainer for North Star Health Collective Street Medics during Occupy Minneapolis (OccupyMN), Hennepin County Government Center
- Conference Co-Chair, with the Director of the UM-Twin Cities GLBTA Programs Office, Office for Equity & Diversity of Beyond the Boxes: Emerging Trends in LGBTQ+ Mental Health, the first Midwest LGBTQ mental health conference, held at the UM-Twin Cities.
- Co-organizer of Still Healing from the RNC, with North Star Health Collective, a psychological self-care training and support day for protesters, activists, arrestees, and street medics who participated in civil disobedience at the Republican National Convention, in St. Paul in 2008
- Co-organizer and trainer for the North Star Health Collective’s psychological and physical health emergency care site for protesters, activists, and street medics during the Republican National Convention, in St. Paul
- Served on the boards of: MN Women in Psychology, Rainbow Families (now Family Equity Council), Seward Child Care Collective, and was the state-wide chair of the MN Coalition of Sexual Assault Services