Taking the Leap to a Healthier and Clearer You
I am respectful of the courage it can take to make the leap from thinking about seeking help and guidance to actually initiating that first step. I will do what I can to help you feel respected, welcomed, and informed. (See FAQ.)
Whether you are interested in doing individual, relationship* or group work, making the decision to get help or guidance may bring up questions about about how to proceed and what to expect. The idea of talking with someone you just met about changes you want to make may, understandably, feel vulnerable or awkward.
Free phone consultation
I offer a free 30-minute phone consultation. The purposes of the phone consultation:
- For you to tell me what help you are seeking to make sure that your needs match the services that I offer.
- For me to answer your questions about my approach, fees and availability.
- It provides us both an opportunity to connect with each other to ensure that we may be a good match to work together.
After our phone consultation, if it seems like we could be a good fit, we will schedule the first in-person appointment. In preparation for that appointment, I ask prospective clients to review my Services & Policies and to complete a background form. (If either of us gleans from our phone chat that we wouldn’t be a good fit, I will be happy to offer you other resources and referrals.)
*If you are seeking relationship coaching, uncoupling coaching or conflict resolution help, I do offer this free 30-minute phone consultation to each person who is in the relationship or participating.
During this first meeting, you will have the opportunity to:
- Share in person more about who you are, your background and current life circumstances, your goals, and the changes you are wanting to make and why
- Tell me how I may best help you to feel supported, understood and comfortable
- I will share with you my initial observations
- We will address any questions about my of policies and procedures
If all parties agree, then future appointments may be scheduled in this session. If either of us thinks we would not be a good match, I will be happy to give referrals.
How to schedule appointments
- Request a “standing appointment”: pre-schedule several appointments by reserving your same time slot each week. Because my schedule is often booked out, I urge clients who have a particular time of day or day of the week that they prefer, to schedule several sessions in a row so that their desired time slot is reserved for them.
- Schedule as you go: schedule your next one or two appointment(s) during the final minutes of your session.
- Schedule appointments via email or voicemail.
At the beginning of the next session we will finalize reviewing and signing the paperwork. As we move forward we will discuss your goals and together develop a plan on how to proceed. We will continue to learn about how to work together as a team. We will begin building the foundation for you to make the changes you want to make so that you can become more of the person who you want to be.
For more information or to schedule the free 30-minute phone consultation.