Mental Health, Medical and Social Service Professionals’ Wellness & Resiliency Trauma-Informed Support Groups: COVID-19 General Issues Self-Care Support Groups and COVID-19 LGBTQ+ Helpers’ Creative Expression Support Groups
Each group member receives a COVID-19 Trauma-Informed Personal and Professional Health and Wellness Assessment developed by Irene Greene
~ unite strengths, strategies and resources
~ receive coaching and consultation
~ share concerns and wisdom
(1) Self-Care During COVID-19 and Beyond: General Issues Support Groups Each COVID-19 General Issues Support group for Social Service and Mental Health Professionals runs for 5 weeks. More dates will be added. Schedule:
- Monday, April 6 – May 4, 2020 at 5-630p CST. (Social Service and Mental Health Professionals)
- Monday, May 11 – June 15, 2020 at 5-630p CST (Social Service and Mental Health Professionals)
10-week COVID-19 LGBTQAI+ Helpers’ Creative Expression Support Groups:
May 7, 2020 – July 16, 2020 | 10 Thursdays, 4 – 530p CST | Live support groups using creative expression to explore the professional and personal impacts of COVID-19. Share your work. Support each other. Learn sustainable self-care strategies. Receive professional consultation.
COVID-19 Support Group Topics
General issues and concerns for helpers of all kinds:
- Address anxiety and worry about the uncertainty of the times
- Identify fears around reduced income and loved ones getting sick
- Come to terms with the guilt from not helping clients or patients enough
- Express the grief and loss from illness and death of clients, patients, colleagues, community, family
- Gain strength, validation and solace from connecting with others
Issues that can be unique to medical and other helping professionals and healers who are on the front lines as “essential workers”:
- Address symptoms of stress, compassion fatigue, burnout and vicarious trauma, and learn proactive preventative measures
- Learn how to identify and sooth moral injury
- Share worries and stress about getting sick or of increasing the possibility of loved ones getting sick
- Share frustrations and anger about not having the necessary tools and supplies to effectively do the job
- Address exhaustion, “trauma grief” and sadness
- Debrief and mutually support each other
- Receive coaching and strategies to stay emotionally and physically resilient
- Practice letting go of our perfectionism and what we can not control
- The impacts of limitations of touch-related connection
- Finding meaning
Common issues when doing telehealth:
- Identify professional boundaries and ethics when practicing from home
- Receive consultation about telehealth ethical dilemmas and limitations
- Balance Work-Family-Self when working from home
~~~ Irene offers similar wellness group options to agencies and organizations. She offers live online wellness group meetings to organizations and agencies and their staff. Similar groups are in the works for medical professionals and community organizers. Contact me, Irene Greene, for more info. ~~~
*No One is Turned Away for Inability to Pay. Fee can also be reduced
Fee: $0-60 each group meeting.
Each rotation is limited to 10-12 people per group. If a group fills, add your name to the waiting list and you will be contacted if a space becomes available in the next group.
Logistics: We will use ZoomPro.
About the facilitator: Irene Greene MSED (of Greene Growth & Training in Minneapolis) has over 30 years as a group facilitator, counselor, wellness coach, educator and professional consultant. Her specialty areas include trauma-informed care, addressing and curbing compassion fatigue, oppression fatigue, political trauma stress, burnout and stress. Irene has extensive experience offering training, consulting, support and coaching to non-profit and community organizations.
Contact Irene at firstname.lastname@example.org