Are you feeling stuck in your life?
Do you feel out of control, anxious, afraid or depressed?
Do you want objective and nonjudgmental help to sort out some personal problems?
Do you want to be in a multi-culturally-aware setting that is inclusive of all types of sexual and gender identity, fluidity and expression, and sensitive to racial and class bias?
Successful individual growth is a process of self-examination, self-discovery, self-reflection, and self-actualization. It is about taking yourself seriously, spending time getting to know who you are, what you like about yourself, and what you want to change. It entails prioritizing self-care, letting go, taking action, and allowing patience through the bumbling process of personal growth.
Personal insight-building, positive growth, and lasting change occurs when there is collaboration between the client and the helping professional. Collaboration increases trust in the process, in yourself as a client, and in me as your guide and helper. This work is a vital balance between the willingness of the client to venture into self-examination and a commitment to risk change and the steadfast assurance of the helper to compassionately witness and foster this journeying.
Individual work can help you to:
- Acquire fresh ways to think and feel about yourself – your past, your present, and your future
- Learn skills and strategies that maximize the strengths that you already have
- Feel empowered to make the necessary changes to help you be who you want to be
I help people address concerns related to:
- Political Trauma Stress and Anxiety (“PTSA”)
- Self-confidence & perfectionism
- Goal setting and achievement
- Compassion fatigue, burnout and vicarious trauma
- Trauma, PTSD and healing
- Sexual harassment
- Life-work-family-personal balance
- Self-care, anxiety and stress reduction
- Relationships (whether staying together or breaking up)
- Sexual health and healing
- Negotiating poly or kink in relationships
- LGBTQPIA2S / GSRM (gender, sexual, and romantic minorities)
- Life transitions
To learn about the individual and relationship, group and training services offered by Irene, schedule your complimentary 30 minute consultation.