What I Offer
I have 30+ years of experience providing support, coaching, education, mediation, and guidance to individuals and relationships: LGBTQ+ relationship coaching, and conflict resolution. All services are provided on telehealth.
I facilitate weekly psycho-educational skills support groups, and offer trainings and consultation to helping professionals and non-profit organizations
CURRENTLY, ALL OF MY SERVICES ARE BEING OFFERED ONLINE | TELEHEALTH.
Approach and Style
I am a seasoned mental health professional, consultant, trained mediator, and positive psychology wellness and relationship coach. I stay current with psycho-social issues and developments that impact mental and emotional health and well-being. I am dedicated to providing compassionate, confidential, and ethical service. I offer an authentic and down-to-earth style that is wrapped with genuine interest, non-judgmental compassion, and a varied skill set.
I am equipped to draw from a breadth of genres and professional experiences. Depending on the client’s needs, my approach may intertwine aspects of mindfulness and stress reduction techniques, trauma-informed care, healing centered engagement, emotional intelligence theory, intersectional feminist, oppression and multicultural theories, emotionally focused and attachment theories, non-violent conflict resolution practices, boundary strategies for healthy relationships, radical acceptance study, goal-based self-reflection work, imagery, and visualization.
I have specific training in trauma, healing, relationship coaching, mindfulness, positive psychology, compassion fatigue, mediation and conflict resolution, counseling, and support group facilitation. I also have training, and provide trainings, on whiteness and anti-racism work for European-Americans, agencies, and organizations.
For more information about my education, training, specialized anti-racism trainings, and work experience.
Topics and Issues
- FREE Trainings: Anti-racism, White-body Privilege, and Whiteness for helping professionals
- Self-Care & Wellness During COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus) for Helping and Medical Professionals and Community Organizers.
- Workplace Burnout and Resiliency
- Compassion Fatigue, Moral Injury, and Vicarious Trauma
- Oppression Fatigue and Oppression Trauma
- Self-care, Anxiety and Stress Reduction
- Life-work-family-self Balance
- Sexual and Gender Expansive issues and relationships (LGBTQIAP2S+ lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, genderqueer, non-binary, intersex, asexual, pansexual, Two-Spirit)
- Trauma and C-PTSD
- Relationship Health, Communication, and Connection (whether staying together or uncoupling)***
- Political Trauma Stress & Anxiety (“PTSA”)
- Conflict Resolution within families, organizations or relationships
- Sex Positivity & Kink, Open and Poly Relationships and Family Configurations
I have provided hundreds of trainings and workshops (GREENE Workshops Trainings Groups through 2019) to mental health, medical, educational, social service professionals, community groups, and the general public. I have managed my own private practice, Greene Growth and Training, since 1988 and full time since 1994.
Two Fall 2020 – Winter 2021
Anti-Racism Trainings for White Helping Professionals
~ FREE Trainings / Pay what you can ~
- Increase our racial literacy.
- Understand our whiteness.
- Examine the colonization of the mental health and social work fields.
- Develop our anti-racist and decolonizing perspectives into actual anti-racist practices.
Training #1: LGBTQPAI+ Deeper Than Skin Deep: For White Helping Professionals: Facing Our Whiteness, Unlearning Racism, and Decolonizing Mental Health A 38-hour training designed for LGBTQPIA+ helping professionals. This weekend training is Friday, October 23 – Sunday, October 25, 2020, and includes twelve 1.5-hour Action, Ally, and Accountability Groups on Thursdays, 5-630pm CST from October 2020 – February 2021.
Training #2: Deeper Than Skin Deep: For White Helping Professionals: Facing Our Whiteness, Unlearning Racism, and Decolonizing Mental Health A 20-hour weekend training on Friday, November 20, 2020 – Sunday, November 22, 2020
COVID-19 Workplace Self-Care | Compassion Fatigue and Burnout Trainings
- Self-Care During COVID-19 for social service and mental health professionals
- Secondary and Vicarious Trauma, Moral Injury, Compassion Fatigue, Burnout, and Stress (e.g., for social service, medical and mental health professionals, healers, educators, crisis advocates, direct service and social justice community workers)
- Oppression Fatigue, Vicarious Trauma and Political Trauma Stress (e.g., for social justice organizers, advocates, volunteers, street medics, etc.)
- Healthy boundaries and healing when our own oppression fatigue and trauma mixes with our work
- For European-Americans: Facing our whiteness and actively working towards being anti-racist (e.g., for helping professionals, educators, community members)
- Individual and group support for people who have witnessed or experienced trauma related to the uprisings, protests, actions, or police state violence.
- Workshops on Political Trauma Stress and Street Medic Psychological First-Aid training
- Non-Profit Organizational Resiliency and Wellness During COVID-19 Consultation, support, and training to social service and mental health organizations and agencies – for their leadership teams and staff Organizational Support – COVID-19 (PDF)