What I Offer
I have 29+ years experience providing support, coaching, education, mediation and guidance to individuals and relationships: LGBTQA+ relationship coaching, uncoupling and conflict resolution. I facilitate weekly psycho-educational skills support groups, and offer professional trainings and consultation; In-person and via telehealth. Additionally, I have provided hundreds of trainings and workshops (Recent Workshops, Trainings & Groups PDF) to mental health, medical, educational, social service professionals, community groups and the general public. I have managed my own private practice, Greene Growth and Training LLC, since 1988 and full time since 1994.
I firmly believe that the personal is the professional is the political. I adhere to a fundamental consciousness for how the layers of cultural and systematic oppression and trauma influence personal, interpersonal and community (un)health. And, conversely, how healing, empowerment, wellness and well-being are nurtured by human connection that is grounded in humanity, justice and equity. I hold this framework as the backdrop to the work that I do and the life that I live.
I am a European-American (of Irish, German and Roma Gypsy ethnicity) cisgender woman, a lesbian from way back, a survivor, intersectional feminist, a parent by creative means, a social justice community organizer, and I hail from a small conservative Catholic farming community in Minnesota. These identities, with all of their colliding lessons, inform my motivation and dedication to the services I provide and the communities that I choose to serve.
Approach and Style
I am a seasoned mental health professional, consultant, trained mediator, and positive psychology wellness and relationship coach. I stay current with psycho-social issues and developments that impact mental and emotional health and well-being. I am dedicated to providing a compassionate, confidential, and ethical service. I offer an authentic and down-to-earth style that is wrapped with genuine interest, non-judgmental compassion and a varied skill set.
I am equipped to draw from a breadth of genres and professional experiences. Depending on the client’s needs my approach may intertwine aspects of mindfulness and stress reduction techniques, trauma-informed care, emotional intelligence theory, intersectional feminist, oppression and multicultural theories, emotionally focused and attachment theories, non-violent conflict resolution practices, boundary strategies for healthy relationships, radical acceptance study, goal-based self-reflection work, imagery, and visualization. I have specific training in trauma, healing, relationship coaching, mindfulness, positive psychology, compassion fatigue, whiteness, mediation and conflict resolution, counseling and support group facilitation. For more information about my education, training and work experience.
Topics and Issues
- Sexual and Gender Expansive issues and relationships (LGBTQIAP2S+ lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, genderqueer, non-binary, intersex, asexual, pansexual, Two Spirit)
- Trauma and C-PTSD
- Self-care, Anxiety and Stress Reduction
- Coming Out – for women attracted to women and in later life
- Life-work-family-self Balance
- Relationship Health, Communication and Connection (whether staying together or uncoupling)***
- Political Trauma Stress & Anxiety (“PTSA”)
- Conflict Resolution within families, organizations or relationships
- Family of Origin Dynamics
- Sex Positivity & Kink
- Open and Poly Relationships and Family Configurations
- Compassion Fatigue and Burnout
- Moral Injury and Vicarious Trauma
- Oppression Fatigue and Oppression Trauma
- White-body Privilege and Whiteness
- Secondary and Vicarious Trauma, Moral Injury, Compassion Fatigue, Burnout and Stress (e.g., for social service, medical and mental health professionals, healers, educators, crisis advocates, direct service and social justice community workers)
- Oppression Fatigue, Vicarious Trauma and Political Trauma Stress (e.g., for social justice organizers, advocates, volunteers, street medics, etc.)
- Healthy boundaries and healing when our own oppression fatigue and trauma mixes with our work
- For European-Americans: Facing our whiteness and actively being anti-racist (e.g., for helping professionals, educators, community members)
- LGBTQ+ Relationship Workshop: Improve conflict-resolution, communication and connection and understand the impact of trauma and oppression on our relationship dynamics
- Summary of Recent Workshops, Trainings & Groups PDF
- Sexual Abuse and Healing Support and Skills
- Coming Out Support for Women “coming out” as lesbian, queer or bisexual and attracted to women & also Coming Out Later in Life (Open to all humans who identify as women.)
- Wellness and Self-Care: Stress, Moral Injury, Burnout, Compassion Fatigue: Support and skills training for helping and medical professionals and community workers
Frequently Asked Questions
To learn about the individual and relationship, group and training services offered by Irene, schedule your complimentary 30-minute consultation.