What I Offer
I facilitate psycho-educational skills support groups (a coming out-group, a sexual abuse group, and a Twin Cities LGBTQ+ Executive Directors’ (of non-profits) Support Group), and offer trainings, consultation to therapists, helping professionals, and non-profit organizations, and personal anti-racism whiteness coaching.
CURRENTLY, ALL OF MY SERVICES ARE BEING OFFERED ONLINE | TELEHEALTH.
For specific information about who I am and where I come from, see About Irene
Approach and Style
I am a seasoned mental health professional, consultant, trained mediator, and positive psychology wellness and relationship coach. I am an activist in my personal and professional life. I stay current with psycho-social issues and developments that impact mental and emotional health, and well-being. I am dedicated to providing compassionate, confidential, and ethical services. I offer an authentic and down-to-earth style that is wrapped with genuine interest, non-judgmental compassion, and a varied skill set.
I am equipped to draw from a breadth of genres, training, education, and professional experiences. Depending on the client’s needs, my approach may intertwine aspects of mindfulness and stress reduction techniques, somatic awareness, harm-reduction and trauma-informed care, healing centered engagement, emotional intelligence theory, intersectional feminism, oppression and trauma fatigue, decolonizing the helping professions, multicultural theories, emotionally focused and attachment theories, liberation therapy, non-violent conflict resolution practices, boundary strategies for healthy relationships, radical acceptance, goal-based self-reflection work, imagery, and visualization.
I have specific training in trauma healing, race and oppression trauma, relationship coaching, mindfulness, positive psychology, compassion fatigue, mediation and conflict resolution, counseling, and support group facilitation.
For more information about my education, experience, training, specialized anti-racism trainings, and work experience.
Topics and Issues
- Self-care, Anxiety, and Stress Reduction
- Life-work-family-self Balance
- Trauma and C-PTSD
- For White LGBTQPAI+ Helping Professionals: Facing Our Whiteness, Unlearning Racism, and Decolonizing Mental Health
- Self-Care & Wellness During COVID-19 For Helping and Medical Professionals and Community Organizers
- Anti-racism and whiteness coaching for white helping professionals
- Political Trauma Stress & Anxiety (“PTSA”)
- Oppression Fatigue and Oppression Trauma
- Activist Wellness and Protest Trauma Processing
- Street Medic Psychological First-Aid Training and Debriefing
- Workplace Burnout and Resiliency
- Compassion Fatigue, Moral Injury, and Vicarious Trauma
- Relationship Health, Communication, and Connection (whether staying together or uncoupling)***
- Conflict Resolution within families, organizations, or relationships
Adult Populations I Serve:
- Helping professionals, educators, health, wellness, and medical providers, non-profit executive directors and staff, reporters, attorneys, community organizers, political and social activists, etc.
- Sexual and Gender Expansive populations, and our relationships (LGBTQIAP2S+ lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, genderqueer, non-binary, intersex, asexual, pansexual, Two-Spirit and Questioning)
- BIPOC / QBIPOC
- Sex Positivity & Kink, Open and Poly Relationships, and Family Configurations
I have provided hundreds of trainings and workshops (GREENE Workshops Trainings Groups through 2019) to mental health, medical, educational, social service professionals, community groups, and the general public. I have managed my own private practice, Greene Growth and Training, since 1988 and full-time since 1994.
For White LGBTQPAI+ Helping Professionals: Facing Our Whiteness, Unlearning Racism, and Decolonizing Mental Health FREE 20-hour weekend intensive training: Friday, March 12, 2020 (noon – 5p), Saturday, March 13 (9-5p), and Sunday, March 14 (10-530p) CST.
COVID-19 Workplace Self-Care | Compassion Fatigue and Burnout Trainings
- Self-Care During COVID-19 for social service and mental health professionals
- Secondary and Vicarious Trauma, Moral Injury, Compassion Fatigue, Burnout, and Stress (e.g., for social service, medical and mental health professionals, healers, educators, crisis advocates, direct service and social justice community workers)
- Oppression Fatigue, Vicarious Trauma, and Political Trauma Stress (e.g., for social justice organizers, advocates, volunteers, street medics, etc.)
- Healthy boundaries and healing when our own oppression fatigue and trauma mixes with our work
- For European-Americans: Facing our whiteness and actively working towards being anti-racist (e.g., for helping professionals, educators, community members)
- Individual and group support for people who have witnessed or experienced trauma related to the uprisings, protests, actions, or police state violence.
- Workshops on Political Trauma Stress and Street Medic Psychological First-Aid training
- Non-Profit Organizational Resiliency and Wellness During COVID-19 Consultation, support, and training to social service and mental health organizations and agencies – for their leadership teams and staff Organizational Support – COVID-19 (PDF)