Whether you have previously had coaching or counseling or this is your first time seeking help, it is common to have questions about the helper and the process. You are hiring this professional to provide an invaluable service for you. It is important that you feel informed, respected and assured that you are receiving quality care.
I have 29+ years experience providing individual, relationship and group coaching, counseling and professional consultation. Additionally, I have provided hundreds of trainings to mental health, medical, educational, social service professionals, and community groups. I have managed my own private practice since 1988 and full time since 1994.
Approach and style
I am a seasoned mental health professional, advocate and positive psychology wellness and relationship coach. I stay current with psycho-social issues and developments that impact we human’s mental and emotional health and well-being. I am dedicated to providing a compassionate, confidential, and ethical service. I offer an authentic and down-to-earth style that is wrapped with genuine interest, warmth and compassion, and sprinkled with splashes of humor.
I am equipped to draw from a breadth of genres and professional experiences. Depending on the client’s needs my approach may intertwine aspects of mindfulness and stress reduction techniques, trauma-healing theory, emotional intelligence theory, queer theory, humanist, feminist, oppression and multicultural theories, emotionally focused and attachment theories, boundary strategies for healthy relationships, radical acceptance study, goal-based self-reflection work, imagery, and visualization.
(For more information see Who I Serve)
Topics and issues (for individuals, relationships, professionals)
- Compassion Fatigue and Burnout***
- Vicarious Trauma***
- Oppression Fatigue and Oppression Trauma***
- White-body Privilege***
- Political Trauma Stress & Anxiety (“PTSA”)***
- Trauma and PTSD
- Self-care, Anxiety and Stress Reduction***
- Life-work-family-self Balance***
- Relationship Health, Communication and Connection (whether staying together or uncoupling)***
- Sex Positivity & Kink
- LGBTQIAP2S+ (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, genderqueer, non-binary, intersex, asexual, pansexual, Two Spirit) issues and relationships***
- Open and Poly Relationships and Family Configurations
***These are also offered as workshop & training topics
Psycho-Educational Support Groups
- Sexual Abuse and Healing (offered 2016-2019)
- Coming Out – Sexual Identity (offered again in 2019)
- Women’s Issues (offered 2017-2018)
- Personal is Political is Professional: For Humans in the Helping Professions, Non-Profit, Social, Racial Justice and Related Fields (offered 2018-2019)
For more detailed information about my services, policies and background see:
Frequently Asked Questions
Services and Policies (PDF)
Becoming a Client with Irene (PDF)
To learn about the individual and relationship, group and training services offered by Irene, schedule your complimentary 30 minute consultation.