About My Clients
I welcome adult humans seeking relationship, individual, family or support group help, coaching and guidance, and who identify with any of the following:
- want to feel heard, understood and supported
- want respectful guidance, meaningful input, collaborative goal-setting and concrete strategies for sustainable change
- want to feel accepted and supported
- seek a respite from having to explain who they are or who or how they love
- live and love in diverse consenting sexual lifestyles, family or relationship configurations
- don’t want to have to justify what they think and feel about oppression, inequity or injustice
- feel outside of mainstream counseling or coaching settings
- identify as LGBTQ+ or BIPOC
- progressive, liberal, radical or feminist
- distrust mental health professionals or authority figures, and/or
- engage in community organizing, volunteering, or policy-making that addresses social injustices.
I welcome humans who align themselves around a wide spectrum of gender and sexual fluidity. I am affirming of all types of consenting adult relationships, including polyamorous, polysexual, monosexual, and pansexual, and of folks’ varied sexual interests, including kink.
I am committed, because of my values and my own personal experiences, to making my services accessible to people who might otherwise not feel comfortable in mainstream clinical settings or wouldn’t have the financial means to do so. To that end, I dedicate a portion of my client caseload exclusively to people working for social justice or are in challenging financial circumstances.
Concerns My Clients Typically Want to Address
- Life-work-family-personal balance
- Self-care, anxiety and stress reduction
- Relationships (whether staying together or breaking up)
- Life transitions
- Conflict resolution with family of origin members
- Political Trauma Stress and Anxiety (“PTSA”)
- Self-confidence & perfectionism
- Healthier boundaries and coping strategies
- Goal setting and achievement
- Compassion fatigue, burnout and vicarious trauma
- Trauma, PTSD and healing
- Sexual harassment
- Sexual health and healing
- Negotiating poly or kink in relationships
- Coming Out to self and others – LGBTQPIA2S / GSRM (gender, sexual, and romantic minorities)
To learn about the individual and relationship, group and training services offered by Irene, schedule your complimentary 30 minute consultation.