Workshops and Trainings
Over the past thirty years I have given hundreds of presentations on subjects related to compassion fatigue, moral injury, burnout, oppression fatigue and vicarious trauma, white-body privilege, PTSD & trauma healing, and LGBTQ+ issues. Designing and presenting workshops, lectures and trainings is one of the most satisfying and gratifying parts of the work that I do.
I have a casual, relaxed, fun, personable, down-to-earth style, and am known to be organized, thorough, and well informed. When I present, I am cognoscente and inclusive of issues related to privilege, oppression, access, race, class, ability, sexual and gender minorities, diverse family configurations, misogyny, transmisogyny, cissexism, and heterosexism.
I offer workshops and CEU trainings to mental health, social service and medical providers, educators, non-profit agencies, and community groups.
Training formats that I offer
I regularly provide trainings and workshops from my offices and groups can also contract with me.
(1) Trainings and Workshops that I offer from my Minneapolis offices.
- Smaller Trainings of up to 12 participants: Throughout the year I offer several workshops in my training room at my offices at The Well: Healing Arts Center. This uniquely small group workshop format provides the opportunity for learning together through deeper discussion, more personal and intimate dialogue, interaction and personal reflection. The shared experience of discovering and opening-up in a safe and accepting small group setting results in sustainable personal growth and healing that blossoms outward to our relationships and communities.
- Larger Trainings: A few times a year I offer larger trainings and workshops (20-60 people) at a local community location.
- These trainings and workshops are open to the public.
- Upcoming Workshops: Registration at Eventbrite
(2) Contract with me to come to your organization, group or agency: I am available to provide a keynote address or training at your organization’s conference, retreat, community or networking event. I work with each organization to custom-design a workshop that meets the particular needs and culture of your group.
CEUs: Depending on the number of hours and criteria of your particular licensing board and state, you may be able to receive 1 CEU per every hour of training. I will provide you with all of the necessary information to complete the CEU forms.
Fees: Training fees vary and depend on the type, location, audience, and length of the presentation. Travel expenses, flight, and hotel fees are typically added onto the training fee.
I offer reduced rate or free workshops to local volunteer, grass-roots and non-profit community groups that work on the front lines of social justice, violence and oppression issues.
Workshop and Training Topics
I. Professional, Community and Personal Self-Care and Wellness:
“Beyond Self-Care & Work-Life Balance: Moral Injury & Compassion Fatigue for Socially Conscious Helping Professionals”
“Political Trauma Stress & Radical Self-Care: Turn Anxiety and Fear into Resiliency and Resistance”
“Minimizing Burnout, Vicarious Trauma and Compassion Fatigue for Socially Conscious Helping Professionals: Improving Wellness & Self-Care”
“Professional and Personal Self-care for Helpers: It’s Much More Than a Bath & Chocolate”
“Burnout, Stress, Compassion & Oppression Fatigue: Self-Care and Wellness for LGBTQ+ Helping Professionals”
“Critical Incident Response: Gaging PTSD Symptoms and Psychological First-Aid”
- Self-Care & Compassion Fatigue Workshop Content options:
~Causes, signs and remedies of burnout, vicarious trauma and empathy and compassion fatigue.
~Brain science behind how stress impacts us physically, emotionally, and psychologically and what we can do about it.
~Personal assessments of our own burnout, vicarious trauma and empathy and compassion fatigue.
~Personal assessments of our personal and professional self-care and wellness habits and pattern.
~Sustainable strategies and proven methods to increase resiliency and self-care and decrease burnout and compassion fatigue.
~Create a personal and professional self-care and wellness plan
~Impact of Political Trauma Stress Anxiety (PTSA) on ourselves and those we serve.
~ Explore the concept of moral injury as it relates to working with trauma and suffering that is caused by systematic oppression, abuse, and injustice. Discuss the toll that it takes on us to help humans who have endured pain and suffering from other humans and systems of oppression.
II. Building Healthy Relationships for LGBTQ+ Folks:
- LGBTQ+ Relationships: Boundaries, Communication & Connection
- LGBTQ+ Relationships: Building a Healthy Relationship When One or Both Partners is a Survivor of Abuse
For information about workshop and professional training topics or to explore the possibility of scheduling a workshop for your group or organization, contact Irene Greene.
Registrations for all of my workshops are made through Eventbrite.
Also see Upcoming Groups page.