ALL TRAININGS AND SERVICES ARE CURRENTLY OFFERED ONLINE
Workshops, Trainings and Groups
Designing and presenting workshops, lectures and trainings is one of the most satisfying and gratifying parts of the work that I do. Over the past thirty years I have given hundreds of presentations. I offer workshops and Community Education Units (CEUs) trainings to mental health, social service and medical providers, educators, non-profit agencies, social justice and community groups. Currently, I am offering online COVID-19-related workplace trainings, helper support groups, and non-profit organizational consultation.
I have a casual, relaxed, fun, personable, down-to-earth style, and am known to be organized, thorough, and well informed. When I present, I am cognoscente and inclusive of issues related to privilege, oppression, access, race, class, ability, sexual and gender minorities, diverse family configurations, misogyny, transmisogyny, cissexism, and heterosexism. I incorporate these themes into each presentation.
All of my workshops are two-pronged: (1) information-sharing, and (2) making take-away action plans. Through discussion, lecture, and activities, participants will learn and share information about the topic, each other and themselves. Additionally, everyone will leave with practical strategies and action steps to incorporate their learning into their daily personal and professional lives.
Telehealth COVID-19 Services – Trainings, Groups, Individuals:
- Organizational Resiliency and Wellness During COVID-19 Consultation, support and training to social service and mental health organizations and agencies – for their leadership teams and staff Organizational Support – COVID-19 (PDF)
- Helping Professionals’ Wellness Groups: Self-Care, Resiliency and Wellness Support Groups During COVID-19 (register and more information)
- I am offering FREE individual and group COVID-19 wellness coaching for helping professionals Telehealth for Helping Professionals COVID GREENE (PDF)
- (1) Self-Care During COVID-19 and Beyond: General Issues Support Groups Each COVID-19 General Issues Support group for Social Service and Mental Health Professionals runs for 5 weeks. More dates will be added. Schedule:
- Monday, April 6 – May 4, 2020 at 5-630p CST. (Full)
- Monday, May 11 – June 15, 2020 at 5-630p CST (Social Service and Mental Health Professionals)
May 14, 2020 – July 23, 2020 | 10 Thursdays, 4 – 530p CST || 10 Mondays, June 29 – August 31, 2020 | 5-630pm CST
- Live support groups using creative expression to explore the professional and personal impacts of COVID-19. Share your work. Support each other. Learn sustainable self-care strategies. Receive professional consultation.
Also see Upcoming Groups for Coming Out Group June 2020
Issues I help my individual, group and relationship clients address:
- stress and anxiety
- issues related to COVID-19 – personal, professional and organizational
- stress and burnout
- compassion fatigue
- moral injury
- work-life balance
- trauma-informed care
- healing-centered engagement
- vicarious trauma
- secondary trauma
- political trauma stress
- PTSD & trauma healing
- LGBTQAI+ issues and relationships
- oppression fatigue
- white privilege for helping professionals
- dealing with our trauma when we work with trauma or oppression
Example of Whiteness and Helping Professionals Training (PDF): European-American Helping Professionals: What It Means to Be an Active Racial Ally: Facing Our Whiteness, White-Body Privilege & Savior Complex
Example of Social Justice Workplace Training outline PDF: When Our Personal Trauma and Oppression Fatigue Come to Work: Increasing Our Professional Self-Care and Workplace Dynamics to Reduce Burnout, Political Trauma Stress, Secondary Trauma and Moral Injury
Example of compassion fatigue for helping professionals training outline: Compassion Fatigue Training PDF
GREENE Summary of Workshops Trainings Groups – through 2019 (PDF)
CEUs: Depending on the number of hours and criteria of your particular licensing board and state, you may be able to receive 1 Community Education Units (CEU) per every hour of training. I will provide you with all of the necessary information to complete the CEU forms to submit to your licensing or certification board.
All trainings and workshops are framed in an anti-racist, sex-positive and socially conscious analysis.
ALL TRAININGS and Services are now offered online
The two training formats that I offer:
Format 1: Community and Agency Trainings:
Contract with me to train your organization, group or agency at your event or location: I am available to provide a keynote address or training at your organization’s conference, retreat, community or networking event. I work with each organization to custom-design a workshop that meets the particular needs and culture of your group.
Fees: Training fees vary and depend on the type, location, number of participants, format, and length of the presentation. Travel expenses, flight, and hotel fees are typically added onto the training fee. Contact me for fee information.
If needed, I offer reduced rate or free workshops to volunteer, grass-roots and non-profit community groups that work on the front lines of social justice, violence and oppression issues.
Format 2: Trainings and Workshops that I offer from my Minneapolis offices:
- Smaller Trainings of up to 12 participants: Throughout the year I offer several workshops in my training room at my offices at The Well: Healing Arts Center. This uniquely small group workshop format provides the opportunity for learning together through deeper discussion, more personal and intimate dialogue, interaction and personal reflection. The shared experience of discovering and opening-up in a safe and accepting small group setting results in sustainable personal growth and healing that blossoms outward to our relationships and communities.
- Larger Trainings: A few times a year I offer larger trainings and workshops (20-60 people) at a local community location.
- These trainings and workshops are open to the public. Topics are rotated throughout the year.
- Upcoming Workshops: Registration at Eventbrite
Workshop and Training Topics: (examples)
I. Professional, Community and Personal Self-Care and Wellness:
“Beyond Self-Care & Work-Life Balance: Moral Injury & Compassion Fatigue for Socially Conscious Helping Professionals and Educators”
“Political Trauma Stress & Radical Self-Care in These Social-Political Times: Turning Anxiety and Fear into Resiliency and Resistance”
“Social Justice and Community Organizers: Self-Care and Boundaries While Advocating for Justice – A Personal and Organizational Approach”
“LGBTQA and A+ Social Justice and Community Organizers: Managing Our Personal Trauma While Advocating for Justice in Our Own Communities – A Personal and Organizational Approach”
“Minimizing Burnout, Vicarious Trauma and Compassion Fatigue for Socially Conscious Helping Professionals: Improving Wellness & Self-Care”
“Professional and Personal Self-care and Work-Life Balance for Medical Professionals: Addressing Burnout, Compassion Fatigue and Moral Injury Is Much More Than Netflix & Chocolates”
“Burnout, Stress, Compassion & Oppression Fatigue: Self-Care and Wellness for LGBTQ+ Helping Professionals”
“Critical Incident Response: Gaging PTSD Symptoms and Psychological First-Aid”
- Self-Care & Compassion Fatigue Workshop content options:
~Causes, signs and remedies of burnout, vicarious trauma and empathy and compassion fatigue.
~Brain science behind how stress impacts us physically, emotionally, and psychologically and what we can do about it.
~Personal assessments of our own burnout, vicarious trauma and empathy and compassion fatigue.
~Personal assessments of our personal and professional self-care and wellness habits and pattern.
~Sustainable strategies and proven methods to increase resiliency and self-care and decrease burnout and compassion fatigue.
~Create a personal and professional self-care and wellness plan
~Impact of Political Trauma Stress Anxiety (PTSA) on ourselves and those we serve.
~ Explore the concept of moral injury as it relates to working with trauma and suffering that is caused by systematic oppression, abuse, and injustice. Discuss the toll that it takes on us to help humans who have endured pain and suffering from other humans and systems of oppression.
II. Building Healthy Relationships for LGBTQ+ Folks:
Open to adult humans of all types of sexual and gender identities and forms of expression and in all types of consenting relationship and family configurations.
- LGBTQ+ Relationships: Boundaries, Communication & Connection
- LGBTQ+ Relationships: Building a Healthy Relationship When One Partner is a Survivor of Abuse
For information about workshop and professional training topics or to explore the possibility of scheduling a workshop for your group or organization, contact Irene Greene.
Registrations for all of my workshops are made through Eventbrite.